Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Book Review of the Day - John Ringo and Julie Cochrane

So last night I finished Cally's War by John Ringo and Julie Cochrane. I've read a few other books in this series written solely by Ringo and didn't enjoy them as much, so I guess Ms. Cochrane's influence really shows. Don't get me wrong. I liked the other books, but felt the incredible attention to details was a bit over the top. I like more action and character. I don't need to know EXACTLY how a suit of body armor fits on a futuristic soldier. Just put him in the battle and tell me how he reacts to it.

Anyway, Cally's War features the character I've enjoyed most. She's a kick-butt female assassin, right up my alley. Perhaps she is a bit too resilient, almost a superhero in quality, but a lot of fun to read. And we all know I like my female characters to be able to take care of themselves.

No comments: