Sunday, December 20, 2009

Book Review of the Day - Laura E. Reeve

It is rare that a sequel is as compelling as the first book in a series, but VIGILANTE by Laura E. Reeve is that rare exception. The story features a kick-butt female heroine, Major Kedros, and a wonderful supporting cast, in a series of adventures that keep the reader turning pages throughout.

In particular, I admire how Reeve was able to split the main characters into three separate groups, each facing its own obstacles. She intertwines their stories brilliantly, tying up loose ends nicely to create a heart-stopping conclusion. It's like getting three exciting plot lines for the price of one.

I look forward to the next novel in the series, and can't wait to see how Major Kedros's character develops over time.

11 comments:

Johan said...

After I read this post i can tell that Luara E. Reeve is a good authoe.
And i Cant wait till you finish your next bokk miss.Iriarte.

Anonymous said...

you finnaly finished your book :) i cant wait till it gets published

Anonymous said...

i mean finally sorry i mispelled the word

Luis said...

It's funny, because my grandmother is currently reading that book. I know this because she constantly E-mails me about books she's reading that are good/horrible.

Luis said...

By the way, she really likes it so far.

Anonymous said...

I like how the story intertwinds.
you make the stories sound much better than they really seem!

Phebe H.L. said...

Wow. Super weird coincidence. I think my dad finished that during break.

Anyways I can recommend this to my cousin (she is 17, almost 18) because she is is a sci-fi maniac.
Thank you! :)

holly said...

it sounds like a very good book, and the author sounds amazing, cool:)

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a good book!! I think I have heard of that book before.
-juliette

Anonymous said...

this author sounds really good

Anonymous said...

you make a book sound really good i think that i am gonna go to a library and check out that book