Saturday, June 28, 2008

Movie Disappointment

Went to see Wanted today. On the up side, despite it being about assassins, it bore little or no resemblance to the book I'm working on. I really hate it when I write something and then shortly thereafter see or read something frighteningly similar. I worry that someone will say I got the idea from so and so or such and such instead of out of my own head.

No problems with that here.

On the down side, the movie was really disappointing. The main character was unlikable both as his initial loser self and as a trained assassin. The kick-butt female character had little development. Some of the dialogue was hard to understand. The action scenes, while amazing, were sometimes hard to follow. And there were lots of holes in the plot, like, where is this Fraternity getting all its funding? I won't give plot spoilers, but that's a big hole.

Anyway, at least I don't have to worry about similarities to my own work.

No comments: