Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Book Review of the Day - Linnea Sinclair

Finished Hope's Folly today. Now I have two favorite Linnea Sinclair novels - Games of Command and Hope's Folly. It's hard to tell which one I prefer more. I like them both for different reasons. But, here's why I love Folly.

For one thing, it's nice to see a more mature male protagonist. Not that her other books feature immature characters, but Philip Guthrie is 45. Closer to my own age than many of her other heroes. He's knowledgeable, experienced, and fallible, which makes him completely desirable.

The main female character, Rya, is my kind of gal - an assassin with an insatiable affinity for weaponry. She's young, but wise beyond her years, aggressive, impetuous at times, and, did I mention she's an assassin? Gotta love her.

This book is full of great action, hidden enemies, and hot romance scenes. There is a perfect balance between the demands of both genres - science fiction and romance. I'm sure fans of either one will be pleased with the result.

2 comments:

José Iriarte said...

45 is closer to your age? How old do you see Kel-Patten, Sully, and Sass being? All of them have pretty extensive history from before the novels alluded to, so I figured they were at least in their mid-thirties.

Lisa Iriarte said...

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't recall them stating their ages, so I didn't have a definite figure to work from.

Hey, stop poking holes in my nice, clean review, sweetheart!

Lisa