Saturday, July 12, 2008

Book Review of the Day - Kristin Landon

Just finished The Cold Minds by Kristin Landon which is the sequel to The Hidden Worlds. I enjoyed this one as well as the last. The romance between the two main characters is nicely developed and the antagonist is evil while still managing to be sympathetic which makes him an unusual bad guy and not a stereotype. The Cold Minds, however, do remind me a bit overly much of the Borg, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, I will be sure to read the next installment, assuming there is one.

On the personal writing front, I have two outside critters who have finished my complete novel. That kind of dedication to something not their own is really appreciated. And even after all the proofing and revising and editing, they and I are still finding things to tighten up to make the story better. I will likely rewrite the ending a bit, to make the main character's climactic moment more, well, climactic and dramatic.

No comments: